Friday 22 February 2013




Clarity Funky Cottage Scene


Hello and welcome to my very first crafty blog post.  Forgive me for still being a novice and making lots of mistakes- any advise and help gratefully received.  I even have to admit that we have a brand new camera and I had to ask my hubby where the USB lead attatched to it- oops!  Nevermind - we all have to start somewhere and here it is....

This is a scene card made using Clarity stamps.  I used the Funky cottage kit to stamp the house and the gate.  Then I used the tree from the kingfisher kit plus the leaf from that kit and then the tree from the remountable village set and the small flcok of birds from the harbour remountable set.  I masked the gate and house whilst doing the background.  The sky is done in Stonewash blue Adirondack ink using the brayer.  I punched the moon mask using a circular x cut punch.  The ills were done using a make up sponge and lettuce green Adirondak ink.  The leaves were done in bottle and I used multiple leaves to create the hedge.

All the colouring was done using Promarkers.  I invested in Promarkers several years ago now and feel they suit my needs and have a wide colour choice.  I use them for almost all of my craft work.  I finished my piece by edging with a black whispers brush marker (left over from the days when I thought these were the bees knees before I made the change to Promarkers).

I know this card isn't perfect but I am quite pleased with it especially for my first attempt using the new kit.

I so wish I had more time to craft but with the constraints of having a cat, 2 guinea pigs, a husband and a 7 year old son (who has a greater social life that me) it is quite hard tio find much spare time.  I have however recently started at the Clarity Southwest stampers group and so hopefully I will improve my techniques. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post.

Much Love

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I wish I had these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty I think you have a really good job with these Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Emily and love how you've made the hedge :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Emily - welcome to blogland xx

    ReplyDelete