Friday 22 February 2013



3 Clarity Cottages


This is another card using the Clarity Funky Cottages and gate set.  This took a while as I attempted to build up the scene.  I put the cottages in first and then masked them.  I had to make additional masks as there weren't enough in the set.  I used the blooming forner extension bar for the flowers and one of the grass stamps for the additional foliage. I created the background using home made cloud and hill masks and sponges.  The ink pads were denim and lettuce.  I masked the sun and sponged it using bright yellow Adirondak.  I even did a bit of freehand drawing on this one as I drew the pond!  ll colouring is done once again with Promarkers.  I am lucky in that I have many of the colours.

The background of the card was a bit of a gamble for me but I thought the small leaf stamp would tie in with the rest of the card and draw the eye into the scene on the card.  I am actually really pleased with the result as it has meant that I have diversified from my normal lined edged backgrounds. 

Sorry this is a short blog opost but I have to take my son Henry to his swimming lesson now :
Henry insisted I took his picture and put it up so here he is - 7 year old Henry!

Loving you and leaving you now

Hugs Emily x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henry you look as though you have been up to something!
    Another lovely card Emily - great pond ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Emily x

    ReplyDelete