Sunday 10 March 2013

Tesselation using the March Design Club Stamp
 
 




Hello Everyone!

For anyone who knows me you will be aware that we are all going through a very tough time at the moment as my Father-in-Law is very unwell and is in intensive care suffering with double pneumonia.  This is hugely distressing for my husband, his mother and his brothers.  We are praying for some positive news but taking each hour at a time.

This card may not be perfect, but the task was to take my mind of things for a bit and actually I am quite pleased with the result. 

I take no shame in that it is clearly a version of the card Barbara did in the Design Club pack.  I think this cow parsley is a gorgeous, very useful little stamp.  I love the way it tesselates into itself to make a border.

This simple little card involved me getting out the brayer.  I used 2 colours of Adirondak ink- the bottom is done in Terracotta and the top in Pink Sherbert.  I removed lots of ink so that the brayered backgound was very light.  I then stamped the image repeatedly in black ink so it tesselated across the page.  I then used at 01 Micron pen to outline the images and the bottom of the page.

I added interest to the main card stock by distressing the A5 card using the same 2 colours as mentioned above.  I wanted it to look very random and not in any way perfect to give a kind of country feel to it.  I then matted and layered using peach and pink card and used the 'May your Dreams come True' sentiment to finish it off.  I hope you like the result. 

Lots of Love

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. This is Beautiful Emily Love the colour's, and how you have separated it by drawing the frame. xxx

    ReplyDelete